National Aviation Day & Bussey Hot Air Balloon
Calling all aviators! It’s a day made for the Lone Star Flight Museum. Enjoy a day that is all about aircraft. From helicopters and drones to warbirds and space shuttles, it’s a special day to celebrate aviation! Hands-on activities, plane tours, cockpit sneak peaks, tinkering with tools and don’t forget the flight simulators.
- Bussey Hot Air Balloon Display Complete! – The world record hot air balloon joins museum’s permanent collection! Click for more info!
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Hot Air Balloon Craft – Build your own mini version of the Bussey balloon while experimenting with the fundamentals of flight!
- 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Peek inside the Corsair – See the cockpit that many high-scoring Allied aces flew in.
- 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. – DC-3 Tours – Step back in time in this vintage commercial airliner.
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Meet the EAA – Visit with the Experimental Aircraft Association, whose mission is to ignite an interest in aviation.
This event is included in your general admission and FREE for museum members.
Lone Star Flight Museum