MEMBERS ONLY EVENT
Saturday, July 30 at 11:30 a.m.
In this exclusive event for museum members, LSFM CEO, Doug Owens shares the stories and history making moments of WWII Veteran, Ed Clarac.
Lt. Edward Clarac was a Galveston native assigned to the U.S. Eight Air Force based in Europe. Clarac flew with the 351st Bomb Group basedat Polebrook, Northamptonshire, England. Flying Boeing B-17 bombers, Clarac flew 33 combat missions over Occupied Europe. On May 8, 1945, as Clarac prepared to take off for another combat mission, it was announced that the war was over. LSFM was honored to help fly Clarac in the B-17 Texas Raiders in June 2021. Clarac passed away in January 2022.
Rare items from Clarac’s service, featured in the museum’s Fight to the Finish exhibit, will also be on display during this unique presentation, including a bomber jacket with visible shrapnel damage.
Not a member? Join today! Now through July 31, select memberships are $20 off with our biggest sale of the year – HOT DEALS, COOL PLANES! Click here for details.
Other Upcoming Members Only Benefits:
- Pizza Party to end a #PlaneAmazing Summer – August 12 from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
- Coffee with a Curator – September 24 at 10:30 a.m.
- Archives Tour with LSFM Curator – October 15 at 11 a.m.
- Halloween in the Hangar treat bag for members – October 22 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Stearman Santa Members VIP Line – December 3 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.