Anthony W. Hall, Jr., is the principal in the Law Office of Anthony W. Hall, Jr. Since the early 1970’s, he has been actively involved in local and state government and civic affairs and has gained substantial experience in public law.
He served as a State Representative in the Texas Legislature from 1973 to 1979, on the Houston City Council from 1979 to 1989, Chairman of the Board of the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County from 1990 to 1992, City Attorney from 1998-2004 and Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Houston from 2004-2010. Mr. Hall serves on the Board of Directors of Kinder Morgan. He is a past member of the Board of Directors of Coastal Corporation, El Paso Corporation and Houston Endowment, Inc.
He is a member of the Houston Bar Association, State Bar of Texas, National Bar Association and the Houston Lawyers Association.
Mr. Hall is a graduate of Jack Yates High School. He received his B.A. in Economics from Howard University in Washington, DC, and his J.D., cum laude, from the Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas. He served in the U.S. Army from 1967-1971, attaining the rank of Captain. His military service included tours in Berlin and Vietnam; decorations include the Purple Heart and three Bronze Stars.
Serving the community is important to Mr. Hall as evidenced by his involvement with the following:
- United Negro College Fund – Past Chairman of the Executive Board/Houston Area
- Junior Achievement, Inc.- Past Member National Board of Directors
- Junior Achievement of Southeast Texas -Board of Directors; Executive Committee
- American Leadership Forum – Past President, Board of Directors Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter
- Boy Scouts of America – Sam Houston Area Council, Advisory Board
- The Ensemble Theatre – Board of Directors
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Life Member
- Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity, Inc. (The Boule) – Past National President
- The Boule Foundation, Chairman – Board of Trustees
- Lone Star Flight Museum – Board of Directors
- NAACP Humanitarian of the Year
- Inducted into the Junior Achievement Hall of Fame for Outstanding Community Service
- Houston Community College – Joyce M. Reynolds Lifetime Achievement Award
- Recipient of Junior Achievement’s highest award for volunteerism
- “Gold Leadership Award”
- Recipient of the “Heart of Houston” Award for outstanding community service
- Alumnus of the Year – Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- Recipient – “Houston Hometown Hero” Award
Mr. Hall and his wife Carolyn are the parents of daughter, Ursula, an attorney and son Anthony III, an investment banker.